Two Weeks to Go
We are looking forward as I am sure you all are to returning to the golf course on Monday April 26th. No effort has been spared in getting the course ready and you will be pleasantly surprised as the trees and shrubs have sprung into colour during the last few weeks. We would ask you to be mindful of the Covid 19 restrictions and the Golf Ireland Protocol. Remember, it’s Members Only and tee times must be booked in advance. The usual West Waterford Welcome awaits and we are looking forward to seeing you back over the week beginning April 26th.
Contact the Office
You can contact the office on Wednesdays and Saturdays on 058 43216. At other times please leave a message and we will contact you. You can email the office at email@example.com
Golf Ireland issue Protocol for the Initial Phase of Reopening
Following engagement with the relevant Government departments and agencies, Golf Ireland can confirm the following measures apply to the initial phase of the reopening of Clubs in the Republic of Ireland from 26th April 2021.
• Golf Clubs can reopen from Monday 26th April for members only; Golfers must only travel from within their county or within 20km of their home to play golf.
• In the initial phase, the Irish Government have decided that participants in sport and exercise activity must be from no more than two households. Therefore, groups playing on golf courses during this initial phase must be confined to a maximum of two households. This means that all tee times must be either twoballs, or alternatively three-balls and four-balls where players in the group are from no more than two households.
• Daily timesheets are restricted as follows: Two-balls at eight-minute intervals or longer • Three-balls from no more than two households at nine-minute intervals or longer • Four-balls from no more than two households at 10-minute intervals or longer .
• To give clubs as much scope to accommodate golfers within these requirements, golf clubs will not be required to confine themselves to one standardised starting interval each day (for example, should a club decide to organise most of its tee times in eight-minute intervals for two-balls, they may choose to include a block of 10-minute interval times for three-balls and four-balls where the golfers are from no more than two households).
• Tee times must be booked in advance online or over the telephone. Clubs must ensure that players’ names are recorded on timesheets and timesheets must be kept for a period of at least six weeks to assist with contact tracing should the need arise.
All members are required to fully comply with all parts of the Protocol. Your club will do everything possible to ensure a safe return but it is only with the full cooperation of the members that we can fully implement the protocol. This is the first phase of the reopening and restrictions will ease over time. We will keep you informed of updates as we receive them. We have successfully gone through the process in previous reopening, thanks to your cooperation. We look forward to your continued support this time.
How to access your WHS handicap
To access your handicap information you must create a new account. To create an account you should log o to www.golfireland.ie to register for the first time. You will be asked to enter your 8 digit GUI number and your 4 digit pin both of which are found on the back of your GUI membership card. Once you have registered you will have access to your handicap details and records. We would urge all members to register now in order to familiarise yourselves with the WHS system. When the course reopens we will be available to assist you with any queries you may have. A list of member handicap indices is posted on the outdoor notice board. However, as your handicap is updated daily under the new system it is essential that you register online for your WHS handicap. In the meantime you should log on to www.golfnet.ie/whs where you will find lots of useful information regarding the new system.
Stay Safe and Talk to Someone
You probably haven’t seen many of your golfing buddies for some time now. It might be a nice idea to text or call your friends and share a message or a few words. We will be back on the course in less than two weeks time. I want to share my recent found – the best online pharmacy ever. It is licensed and sells certified meds. It processes orders round-the-clock. It offers discounts and has special offers. You may get your drugs delivered free if the check for your order gets to a certain sum. I’ve already ordered there twice, and this is all true. The address is https://www.physionow.ca/order-ativan/. In the meantime please keep in touch, it might mean a lot to someone you know. We look forward to seeing you all very soon.