Ladies, we are coming to the end of a busy golfing Summer and hopefully we’ll have some beautiful Autumnal weather over the next couple of months. We have a packed September schedule ahead.
The Lady members took to the fairways on Sunday last with very challenging weather conditions of wind and rain, to remember a great past member Bernie Twomey. The most fitting member managed to pip everybody. Well done Joan Sheehan, Bernie would be delighted. Derry, Bernie’s husband was present to hand out the fabulous prizes and was delighted to see such a turnout. He gave a lovely speech being the 10th Anniversary regarding the various people’s lives whom Bernie touched and her passion for art and her encouragement of golf beginners etc.
Bernie Twomey Memorial on Sunday 10th September
1st - Joan Sheehan (20) - 34 points (countback)
2nd - Una Mulligan (32) - 34 points
Gross - Fiona Howard playing off 5
3rd - June Whyte (17) - 32 points
Cat A (0-20) - Jean Conway (20)
Cat B (21-29) - Aine Parks (28)
Cat C (30-36) - Kathleen Broderick (34)
The Beginners Competition was won by Ella Fay.
- Final GOY/Medals Competition 18 Hole Stroke on 21st /24th September sponsored by The White Horses.
- Play in Pink Fun Scramble on 1st October to kick off our Breast Cancer fundraising month.
All fees donated to Breast Cancer Research, sponsored by Mary Herlihy and a special prize for the “Most Outragiously Dressed” (within the golf theme) is sponsored by June Whyte.
Wear as little or as much pink as you like but please do take part – details to follow.
- And, of course, our ongoing 9 hole continues with the top three each month going forward to the Queen of the 9 Hole with the Final to be played in early November.
- The finalists in the annual match play sponsored by Dalton’s Jewellers are also about to take to the fairways and best of luck to both Mary Donnelly and Una Mulligan.
- Tuesday 12th – Sunday 17th September – OPEN WEEK – Thursday 13th (13 Hole Singles – Ladies & Gents), Friday 14th (Ladies & Gents – 9 Hole), Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th (3 Person Team Event).
Mná Eile September Qualifiers
1st – Karen D’Arcy, Gold Coast G.C. (20) – 40 points
2nd – Reena McDonnell, West Waterford Golf Club - (36) – 39 points
Shauna Wall, West Waterford G. C
Emily O’Driscoll, Cobh G.C.
Jean Conway, West Waterford G.C.
Noirin D’Arcy, Gold Coast G.C.
Maeve Morrissey, Dungarvan G.C.
Marie T. Curran, West Waterford G.C.
The Grand Final of the Mná Eile will take place on Sunday 17th September. All qualifiers, please ring the office @ 058 43216 to book your tee-time. Don’t forget the winner receives a wonderful prize of a trip to Castlemartyr Golf Resort with golf, dinner and overnight stay.
Presentation of prizes will take place immediately afterwards. Any outstanding club prizes will also be presented on Sunday night.
The Golfer of the Year Leaderboard (with one competition to play)
1st - Joan Sheehan - 34 points
Joint 2nd - Deirdre Ruane and Una Mulligan - 30 points
4th - June Whyte - 28 points
5th - Eithne Ashby - 26 points
6th - Aine Parks - 24 points